Thursday, March 13

Adoption Update | No News, But HOPE

There is no news on the adoption front. We received a few new pictures of Max yesterday. He looks healthy and clean. He was sporting a fantastic little polo shirt, jeans (hiked up to his chest) and a sweet little belt. He is so freakin cute. Photos like this along with no news cause our hearts to ache. Most days the waiting is so frustrating.

The world of adoption and blogging have collided and for many months I have daily checked the blogs of a few other families who have been in the adoption process. Jon snickers as I check the blogs "of complete strangers". Yet to this mom they have been a source of encouragement and of strength. Adoptions ACTUALLY do happen eventually. One blog in particular has been so awesome as I read this mom's struggles and joys in bringing home a hurt daughter from china. Often she quotes a devotional she has been reading and gaining strength and encouragement from.

Yesterday I finally picked up "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It sat on the counter all day with out me cracking it open. This morning though after a good cry in the shower I poured a cup of coffee and sat down with the book. I must admit here that I have never been really good at "devotional" reading. But it was with an overwhelmed heart that I prayed before I cracked the book - "Lord, may I hear your words for me in my circumstance. Would you speak to me and help my to accept your words and live them in my day". Let me share with you (as if this blog could not get any longer....) what today's words were:

WAITING, TRUSTING AND HOPING are intricately connected, like golden strands interwoven to form a strong chain. Trusting is the central strand, because it is in response from My child that I (God) desire the most. Waiting and hoping embellish the central strand and strengthen the chain that connects you to ME. Waiting for ME to work, with your eyes on ME, is evidence that you really do trust ME. If you mouth the words "I trust You" while anxiously trying to make things go your way, your words ring hallow. Hoping is future-directed, connecting you to your inheritance in heaven. However, the benefits of hope fall fully on your in the present.
Because you are MINE, you don't just pass time in your waiting. You can wait expectantly, in hopeful trust. Keep your "antennae" out to pick up even the faintest glimmer of MY presence.
-Sarah Young

So there it is. The adoption update. We will just continue to WAIT, TRUST AND HOPE and we will keep our antennae out...for a glimpse or a glimmer.