Tuesday, July 13

Triathlon Tuesday: Meet The Team

*** Disclaimer*** LyonsHappenings has not intentionally become just about the triathlon. However eBlogger has made changes to how I upload photos and thus do posts about super exciting things like family camp...and it is truly aggrevating. I am in the process of putting together "family" related posts, but I am also considering moving our blog to a different location- so sorry for the lack of family info...until that here is yet another one photo tri related post***

Here in her own words, Meet Shannon: Hey loyal Lyons blog followers! I'm honored to contribute a guest post on here! My name is Shannon Caton and here's how it all went down for me and how I became a part of this beautiful chaos! Here are my stats: Wife to one awesome Canadian guy and mother of two busy, beautiful girls, Regan almost 4 and Rowan 2. Loving being a stay at home mom, but also nice to work one or two weekends a month in the Physical Therapy Dept at a nursing home. I know, I know, if I make the elderly work out, I've got no excuse to say no to this opportunity!

So our little quad started off as the Monday night Bachelor watching group and some how turned into a World Vision Triathlon Training group! Both very good, don't get me wrong, but one of these activities takes a lot more effort than the other! Thanks to Megan who got this whole ball rolling...it has already been an amazing experience. So thank you for including me on this journey for many reasons...I get to spend time with awesome friends, get some great work outs in, and all for a greater cause. How can you go wrong with that? Honestly, a triathlon is something I've always wanted to "check off my list" so here we go! It's good to be working out on a consistant basis again, something I've always enjoyed. And when I'm exhausted for 24 hrs after swimming and have to go running the next day, it's so much easier to do it when you know it's really not about me.

I, too was looking for a way to get involved in World Vision, so it was pretty easy to say yes to Megan when she asked me to join her. We are so fortunate and blessed to live in a such a priveleged country and it was really driven home when reading the book "The Hole in the Gospel". The statistics are staggering regarding the number of deaths of children alone, that die each day from preventable illnesses due to a lack of clean water. This is a relatively simple thing we can do to make a difference for others. And as my healthy 4 yr old holds up a sign that says "Go Mom Go" as I start off on my run, it's a good reminder that I have been blessed, my children are blessed and now here's a chance to help other children. What a great motivator.

So there it is....how I got roped into this deal and oh how I'm loving it!