Wednesday, January 23

Sunshine and Sand

Today was beautiful, but cold. The sun shone bright and so Jack and I hit the road and headed up to GreenLake in Seattle. It is one of our favorite places to go when the sun is out. I picked Jack up from preschool, we enjoyed special lunch and then we walked around and played at GreenLake. Even on this chilly day the park was packed. Jack spent a lot of his time building volcanoes in the sand. When it came time to wash off all that sand Jack just looked at me and said " Mom, can't I just go swimming. That would get me clean." Because a general no was not going to suffice we walked over to the lake and watched the ducks and seagulls walk on the ice. This visual seemed to get the point across.Once again the sunshine spurred our desire for some warm weather and more sunny days.