Thursday, May 20

Mid Week Recap

Well life at the Lyons house is busy on all fronts. Last weekend was a blur and only now is this mom realizing some of the fun was caught on film. Here is a little weekend recap so that you can get that glimpse at Lyons life that I know you have had such a hankering for. (sarcastic...so sarcastic)

Saturday MorningEvery surface was wiped, wiped and wiped again. Every floor scrubbed within an inch of its life and pennants hung from the celing. It was celebration time. Our good friend Dana is just weeks away from getting hitched and it was my honor to host her wedding shower.



There was great food, lots for friends and no shortage of laughter. While the ladies partied, Jack and the boys were off at t-ball where Jack continued to rock. He is getting the hang of this whole coach pitch thing and is doing well at anticpating plays and staying "in the game".

Saturday Evening we left the boys with a babysitter (here is a shout out to Megan Carter..who is awesome)and Jon and I were off to a Travel Planning Dinner. We enjoyed great food, lots of wine and it was my turn to make the dessert...which I did surprisinly well at if I do say so myself. The purpose of this month's meeting was to finalize the itinary and to discuss packing. We are taking one carry on bag each. (hello !! and that takes some thought) It was a great time and got me really excited. September 2011 cannot come soon enough. Take a look at the great view we will get to enjoy from our time on the Amalfi Coast and our Tuscany Hike.



I cannot wait. A visit to place like that pictured above have been my dream since Manthou's Junior year Humanities class. Yippee!

Sunday Morning it was off to church, which I just have to say, I love my church. The people, the worship, the messages...it is all kinds of good everyweek. After church it was time for the big costco shopping and then to the lake for a baptism. This was exciting because Dana's to be husband Joe was baptised along with Violet, who is the classroom assistant for Jack's sunday school class and then a father and son duo. It was great to see each person's spiritual journey be made public with the act of baptism. We have spent the last year praying for Joe and are so excited for him!



After the Baptism it was off to the Mexican resturant to catch up with Jon's parents. If you ask me a margarita and chips and salsa is a great way to end the weekend.

So now, as I post it is thursday and the life this mommy leads is full of everyday suprises like this:



I found the boys hiding in the pantry and when the emerged Jack proudly declared that He had tatooed their arms. Max kept showing me his arm and saying "Jack do a nice job. good work jack, good work jack" Gosh I hope Jack is not honing a skill for prison life.

YUP. Life at the Lyons. I like it.