Thursday, January 3

Follow-Up

In a slight continuation to yesterdays tale regarding markers, a face, and the four year old desire to save a princess let me share a little incident that happen today and made me feel a little better. Today Jack and I enjoyed some time a the library. After we had chosen our books and tapes for this go-round Jack played a computer game while I read through the books we had chosen. ( I have learned the hard way that some books are just lame and others are way to annoying to bring home for bedtime - therefore I try to nip those ones in the bud.) While I stand there reading a mother with a cute little girl says to me in a little whisper.."Is he an Indian?" Surprised to find a fellow mother with a "marked" child I eagerly respond "Yes. Yes he is." She nods, smiles and says " My little Indian had marks on his arms, tummy and chest..you are lucky it is just the face." Lucky it is just the face? Now there is making lemonade out of lemons.