Wednesday, July 1

Wonderful Roadtrip - Yet Again.

This last week the boys and I set out once again with my mom for a roadtrip getaway to California. We went to California to spend time with Fred and Georgeann. Longtime friends, my mom and Georgeann went to elementary school together. Their house is great for kids with the pool and three fantastic animals for the boys to enjoy: a dog, a chicken and a turtle. Good Times.


We left on thursday morning around 9:30 with the intention to drive as far as we could get and then stop off at a hotel. The boys did such a stellar job. Once again I was wowed by my kiddos and their go with the flow attitudes. We stopped in Medford, OR for dinner around 6, then back into the car. We drove to my favorite town, Yreka, CA for some ice cream and it was there that we decided why not just throw the boys in PJS and drive through the night. So we did. We stopped at 10:00 and put the boys in jammies, handed Max his blanket and milk, and we were off. We pulled into our destination: Danville, CA at 1:45am, quietly unloaded the boys and it was to bed for a very tired mom and mormor.

We awoke ready to do what we came to do: SWIM so into the pool we went. Jack was once again in his element. He is a fish. He jumped off the side a ton and was so proud of all his water accomplishments. Max was a little hesitant at first , but the security of his life jacket and the pool steps soon had this little guy in the water and splashing about. Our day was great. Relaxed and around the house was just what we needed after our day of driving.

After a long hard day of poolside fun on friday the boys and I were ready for a little adventure. Our fantastic hosts Fred and Georgeann took us all to San Fransisco. We rode the BART train which the boys loved, then we walked (a lot) around pier 39. The sun was hot, but being along the water was so beautiful and just the kind of activity that we needed. Jack walked so much that day and had a fantastic attitude. Max was lucky enough to be passed around by the adults. After much fun and sun, we headed home with tired boys....who retired early while the adults got to enjoy some tasty dinner.

The day was HOT...105.... so poolside was where we were. Enough said.

Since we were in the area Mom and I decided to take a little trek to see my good friend from jr. high and her mom. They just happen to live a half hour away from where we were staying so that was great. We ventured to Amy's house, met her kiddos and then we took the kids to her local park/sprinkler park to play. The boys had a blast. Then we ventured to Amy's mom's house for lunch and so the "moms" could talk.Around 4 we headed back to the Kurtz house to swim one last time. Then we put the boys to bed early, and then mom and I packed up.


Come 5:30am we were on the road and homeward bound. With Starbuck and a doughnut to start us off we drove till about 11:00. Then atop mount shasta we stopped at the famous Black Bear Diner for brunch. Tasty as always, it filled our bellies and it was off we went. Around 3 or so we stopped to feed the boys again, then back on the road. The boys did a great job. A few minor sibling spats occurred, but nothing different then what occurs everyday in our living room. We were home and in our own beds at 11:00.

Once again, I had a great time with my boys,with my mom and with our friends The Kurtz family. Thanks so much Georgeann and Fred for opening your home to us, Already Jack is talking about the next time.....